Gardens & Landscapes
Outdoor water use accounts for up to half of all water used in the summer. By incorporating some easy and practical tips and watering smarter, we all can use less water and still have beautiful landscaping.
Water Use Surveys
- Large landscapes: Schedule an irrigation check up for you business, school, or other large landscape.
- Home gardens: Let MMWD send one of our water conservation experts to your home for a free indoor / outdoor water use consultation.
Marin-Friendly Garden WalkReceive a free residential garden evaluation from a Marin Master Gardener and get water-wise tips for a beautiful, healthy landscape. Visit the Marin Master Gardeners' website to learn more. Call 415-473-4204 to schedule.
- Laundry-to-landscape system components
- Organic mulch
- Pool covers
- Rain barrels
- State of California turf replacement rebate
Weekly Watering Schedule
Not sure how much water your garden needs? Use our Weekly Watering Schedule as a guide.
Water Conservation Requirements
Planning a landscape project? Find information on current water conservation requirements.
Garden InspirationVisit our Marin-Friendly Virtual Garden Tour to see how MMWD customers are creating beautiful, environmentally friendly landscapes. Then visit our Water-Wise Gardening website for even more inspiration and information to help you design and maintain your water-wise garden.
- Sheet mulching guide
- Water-wise plants
- Rainwater harvesting
- Find a landscape professional
- Swimming pool tips
- Save Our Water: Sprinklers 101