Management & Finance
MMWD is governed by a five-member board of directors, with each director elected to represent one of five geographic areas. The board appoints a general manager to supervise all district operations.
Finance: 2018/19 BudgetOn June 20, 2017 the MMWD Board of Directors adopted operating and capital budgets for the 2017/18 fiscal year (FY) that are 6% higher than the budgets for the 2016/17 fiscal year, which ends June 30, 2017. The FY 2018 operating budget of $71.5 million shows a 0.9% decrease, while the capital budget of $34.4 million is increased by 15.8%.
The lower expenditures reflect the drop in water sales and revenue resulting from customers' successful conservation efforts. While conservation is essential to preserving our limited water supply, the fluctuation in water sales is a challenge for the district since most of our expenses are fixed. MMWD must maintain more than 900 miles of pipe, numerous storage tanks, and pump stations regardless of the volume of water flowing through them.
Because MMWD operates on a two-year budget cycle, the board also adopted the 2017/18 FY operating and capital budgets. Both are slightly higher and therefore assume an improved revenue picture next year. The two-year budget is available online.
Approximately 80% of our budget goes directly toward the cost of our water system--that is, the collection, treatment, and distribution of water, and the maintenance and replacement of facilities. The remaining 20% goes toward protecting watershed lands, conservation programs, and customer services.
MMWD was recently awarded a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016.
For information regarding MMWD's Financing Corporation, visit this page.
- 2007 Audited Financial Statements
- 2008 Audited Financial Statements
- 2009 Audited Financial Statements
- 2010 Audited Financial Statements
- 2011 Audited Financial Statements
- 2012 Audited Financial Statements
- 2013 Audited Financial Statements
- 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2017 Audit Award
- 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2015-16 and 2016-17
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2013-14 and 2014-15
- Operating and Capital Budget for Fiscal Years 2011-12 and 2012-13
- 2011 - 2012 Budget Summary Statements
- 2014 Five-Year Strategic Plan
- MMWD Final Cost of Service Study April 2017
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2012 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2013 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2015 GASB 45 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan, June 30, 2017 GASB 75 Actuarial Valuation
- Retiree Healthcare Plan Funding, June 30, 2017 Actuarial Valuation
- MMWD Organizational Chart