Use this form to report water waste incidents within MMWD's service area. For water waste in Novato, please contact the North Marin Water District. Please provide as much information as you can to help us respond to the water waste report effectively. Reports with more detail will be prioritized. If this is a water emergency (i.e., potential main break) please call 415-945-1500.
Your contact information will be used only if further details regarding the report are required. All information will be kept confidential.
If you spot a leak or other water waste activity, please consider talking to your neighbor or to the business owner. We find in most cases they are unaware of the problem and appreciate a neighborly alert.
An exact address helps us respond to the report more efficiently. If unknown, provide cross street(s).
Please provide any additional information.
Upload up to four photos using the fields below. Acceptable file formats are jpeg, png, pdf, doc. To ensure all the photos come through, please make sure each photo file has a different name (for example, 1, 2, 3, etc.). To help us respond to water waste reports more effectively, see our tips for taking water waste photos below.
• DO aim to capture an overview of the scene.
• DO try to include a reference point (such as an address painted on the curb) that will help us locate the water waste when we’re in the field.
• DO show where the water waste may be originating from, if possible.
• In general, a wider perspective is most helpful; however, DO include close-up photos if needed to show specific details about the source or nature of the water waste.
Thank you for your report. A conservation specialist will investigate as soon as possible. Due to privacy regulations, we will not notify you of the findings. However, if you see continued water waste two weeks after submitting your report, please contact us at 415-945-1578.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field