by Charlene Burgi
It has been some time since a pop quiz appeared in the blog. Since I tend to like exercising my brain cells, I thought you may also find this challenge fun.
True or False
1. T F Typically plants that have silver-colored foliage use less irrigation water.
2. T F Lawns use more irrigation water than most any other plant in the garden.
3. T F Programming irrigation controllers is only necessary when installing.
4. T F Bulbs are a lot of work for the little time they bloom.
5. T F Plants listed as deer-resistant could be eaten by deer.
6. T F Bats are harmful to a garden.
7. T F The healthiest way to sheet mulch is to layer bark on top of black plastic.
8. Water weighs _________ pounds per gallon.
9. Drip systems emit:
a. gallons per minute
b. gallons per hour
c. a or b, depending on the emitter
10. As water is piped uphill, water pressure:
c. remains the same—elevation has nothing to do with water pressure
11. One inch of rain on a roof measuring 1,000 square feet equals __________ of rain water catchment.
a. 55 gallons
b. 120 gallons
c. 600 gallons
12. A good combination of low-water plants is:
a. lavender, salvia, and rosemary
b. impatiens, cactus, and rosemary
c. all annual color
1-T, 2-T, 3-F, 4-F, 5-T, 6-F, 7-F, 8-c, 9-c, 10-b, 11-c, 12-a
1 - 4: Read more garden blogs
5 - 8: Garden is looking pretty healthy
9 - 12: Garden expert
Have a very happy 4th of July!