By Robin McKillop, Water Conservation Specialist Supervisor
Since September 2013, more than 100 MMWD customers have taken the time to respond to a simple, electronic opinion survey to rate their satisfaction with their new high-efficiency clothes washer. Results indicate that customers are overall very satisfied with their clothes washers and with MMWD’s clothes washer rebate program
. We greatly appreciate feedback from our customers and will continue to send out opinion surveys as we process new rebate applications.
Here’s a summary of the survey results to date from the first 114 respondents:
- 94% of respondents rated their new clothes washer as working at the “excellent” or “good” level.
- 91% of respondents would recommend their new clothes washer to a friend.
- 98% of respondents rated their experience with the MMWD clothes washer rebate program at the “excellent” or “good” level.
- 74% of respondents indicated that the $50 rebate at least somewhat influenced their decision to buy a high-efficiency clothes washer.
- 64% of respondents purchased a new washer to replace a broken one.
- The most common way respondents learned about the rebate offer was through marketing displays at retail stores, followed by information mailed with their water bill, and online at the MMWD website.
- Water and energy costs were two of the most important factors considered when purchasing a new clothes washer, ranking higher in importance than purchase price, options and features, capacity, or warranty.
- On average, respondents indicated that they wash just over 4 loads of laundry per week, with some washing only one load per week and others washing more than 12.
Thank you MMWD customers for taking the time to respond to the survey to help us improve our programs!