We're pleased to offer FREE, fun-filled, and memorable water education programs for schools in our service area during the 2015-16 school year.
Our programs are designed to support California education standards while fostering water conservation and environmental stewardship. They include:
"Water Walks" on the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed (grades 3-5)
- Watershed ecology & restoration field trips (grades 3-5)
- Field science & restoration trips (grades 10-12)
- NEW! STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) aligned curriculum (grades 7-9)
- Classroom presentations about the water cycle, our local water supply, and water conservation (grades 3-12)
- Musical assemblies (grades K-6)
- Service learning opportunities including spring Turtle Observers (grades 5-college)
- "Trout in the Classroom" program (grades K-12)
- Free illustrated poster of MMWD's watershed and water system for your classroom
Bilingual (Spanish-English) assemblies and classroom presentations are available. We also offer a limited number of school bus reimbursement grants to help schools cover the cost of a field trip to the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed.
Programs fill up quickly, so ask your favorite teacher to reserve a space today! Visit marinwater.org/schools
to learn more.