If you qualify, the bimonthly Base Water Charge, Capital Maintenance Fee and the Watershed Management Fee are waived. The water you use is billed according to our usual and current rate structure. To qualify for Marin Water's Service Charge Waiver, you must:
- Have a gross annual household income at or below 80 percent of the median Marin County low income level set by the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (see the application forms below) and provide proof of same;
- Install water-efficient showerheads, toilets, and faucet aerators in your home that meet district code (free showerheads and aerators are available from Marin Water);
- Be a single-family residential customer with a meter size no larger than one inch;
- Have the water service in your name (apartment complexes or mobile home parks with a master meter do not qualify); and
- Not be claimed as a dependent on another person's income tax return.
- If you would like to apply, please download and complete the application form below (also available in Spanish), and return it to our Customer Service Department. Be sure to include proof that your income meets the income requirements. To determine your eligibility, Marin Water may need to request additional information and/or schedule an appointment for you to meet with one of our representatives at the district's office.
Marin Water reserves the right to request additional information at any time. While eligibility is normally for a one-year period, participation in the program can be canceled if a customer does not meet all qualifying criteria.