Please use this Project Information Form (PIF) to apply for a new water service connection, or upgrade or relocate an existing water meter. If you have questions, please call our Engineering Services Department at 415.945.1530, or email EngineeringServices@MarinWater.org.
(This form is compatible with modern desktop and mobile browsers including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.)
Existing Improvements (Pre-project)
List all structures with water-using fixtures currently on the property.
Final Improvements (Post-project)
List all structures with water-using fixtures that will be on the property following completion of the project.
Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
Complete this section if your project includes an ADU.
You must provide information about your residential or commercial project water-using fixture demand to help us determine the meter size. You can do so by either entering the Total Fixture Unit Demand for all of your fixtures or use the Water Supply Fixture Unit (WSFU) tables to calculate the total demand.
* Enter the maximum number of lawn sprinkler heads used at one time.
Cross-Connection Control: Backflow Prevention
Please be advised a Cross-Connection Survey (inspection) will be conducted at this service address to assess potential hazards to the public and internal drinking water systems. Installation of a testable backflow preventer may be required.
The following items must be considered when designing water systems:
- Backflow Prevention will affect water and fire protection system(s) pressure.
- Backflow prevention is required for all irrigation systems at the point of connection. NOT AT THE METER.
- Other hazards such as radiant heat, swimming pools, and water fountains require Backflow Prevention at the supply line.
- Backflow Prevention installed at the meter requires the installation of a thermal expansion tank.
If you would like a designated survey date and time, please call 415.945.1488 to schedule an appointment. Otherwise, please select a day of the week and appointment window below.